Sunday 22 August 2010

would you like some rose-tinted glasses, too?

Daisy, my gorgeous little Daisy, will be starting kindergarten in just a few short weeks. 

She's been looking forward to it ever since I told her. 

She has been chanting "yay!" every minute of every day. It's gotten to the point where I have to wear earphones when in the same room as her. 

"Mommy, kindergarten?" she asks, tugging on my arm as soon as I so much as brush past the front door. 


Today, we went to buy her some cute little clothes for her to wear. I haven't taken Daisy clothes shopping many times before - I usually just buy her things as I see them, trudging through the mall. 

As soon as we set foot in the store her eyes lit up. It was as if she was seeing things through a new light. 

She raced down the aisles, clinging onto tops she liked.

Jack, however, just lurked, staying behind and just making random noises when I asked for his opinions on the pink top with the sparkly butterfly, or the green top with sequins.

In the end, I ended up buying Daisy six new tops, four new pairs of pants, all cute, and two new pairs of shoes, to go with her collection of 'colorful shoes' as she so beautifully calls it. 

The outcome of this story is, try not to buy your over-excited daughter some clothes a few weeks before kindergarten starts, otherwise she'll go absolutely insane and will be more excited than ever (and I didn't think that was humanly possible). I bear the consequences of my silly actions, now.



3 comments:

  1. Enjoy the excitement of Daisy wanting to go to school - Princess Nagger is already starting her pouting "I don't want to go to school!" mode. She starts 2nd grade on Wednesday - buying her new clothes and shoes for school didn't cheer her up (though it made me happy!) but by the time school lets out in June, she'll be in the mode of not wanting to stop going to school! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, I think the only reason she's actually looking forward to kindergarten is because she'll be out of the house! She's starting to get bored, since Jack isn't around to play with her. But I just hope she enjoys it as much as she thinks she will! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh but the shopping must have been fun! I seem to remember any new clothes I bought for Evie to go to nursery ended up like jumble within about a week....

    ReplyDelete