Monday 30 August 2010

cos I'll happily change your schedule if there's a problem..?

Jack is a little better on his leg now. 

He tried going to school today, no matter how many times I told him to go back to bed and obey the doctor's orders. 

"Mommy, I feel better now," he kept saying as he grabbed a t-shirt from his closet. 

"Are you sure?" I was asking, panicking slightly. I was worried about how his leg would feel if, say, physical ed. was on the schedule today.

Jack kept nodding so hard I was beginning to think he was imitating a bobble-head. 

"Okay, okay." I finally gave in, and told him to go and find his sneakers. 


When we got to his school, his teacher was on yard duty. 

"Hi, are you Miss Harris?" I asked, as Jack went to join his friends.

"I am," she smiled. She wore glasses, and had a smile that just leaked kindness. 

I told her the whole bike story, and she nodded her head at every word. I asked her what was on the class schedule, and none of her vocabulary included the word 'physical', so I mentally wiped my brow. 


So I kissed Jack goodbye, waved to all his little buddies and left him to have fun, without having to strain his leg in any way.




The day went well (Daisy and I played arts and crafts most of the time), and when I went to collect Jack he was as right as raindrops. 


"Mommy, my day was great!" he exclaimed as soon as he saw my face. 


"That's great!"


"So was my day!"


Ah. He'll never change.









No comments:

Post a Comment